Shila, Keaton and I spent the first part of the day at home playing in the playroom and cleaning house. Once Ellary got home we went out to visit the Hearns. After showers and pajamas I read the girls a couple books and put them to bed. Ellary's book request was The Giving Tree. It had been awhile since I had read this book to the girls and Shila was hysterically crying by the middle of the book. She felt so sad for the tree. I felt terrible for her, but it's sweet to see how sympathetic she is. I suggested reading a funny book to counteract the sadness of The Giving Tree, but even Snoozers was no match for Shila's sadness. I can't say I blame her, I can hardly make it through The Giving Tree myself. But, I have to say, the worst tearjerker out there is Love You Forever. Seriously, it's a killer.
Tiny toes.
Rapunzel exclaiming, "What's that enormous sound!?!" after hearing "Giant" Dora greet her.
Gratuitous photo op. Keaton, in the baby car seat, watching Shila dance around.
This little piggy went to market...
Keaton's first time on the bean bag. She was a little unsure at first, but decided she liked it.
On our way home after a play date and pizza with the Hearns.
On this day in 2004...
Adam was playing hockey with his Culver City League.
On this day in 2006...
Ellary and Adam.
On this day in 2007...
Ellary on the phone.
On this day in 2009...
The girls and I spent the weekend at our friends the Giegers in San Diego, California.
McKenna and Ellary playing dress-up.
On this day in 2009...
We drove to Dallas, Texas. On the way to Texas, we stopped at Vicksburg National Military Park in Mississippi.
This park and 16 mile driving tour commemorates the siege of Vicksburg during the Civil War.
The park consists of over 1370 monuments and a National Cemetery.
U.S.S. Cairo was sank during the Civil War after being hit by two underwater torpedoes. This boat sat at the bottom of the Yazoo River for 102 years. It was raised in 1964 and restored later. Many of the items aboard the ship are on display in this exhibit.




















No comments:
Post a Comment