Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6, 2011

Watch out Sophie!

Shila helping me make chicken soup.

Shila wanted to "pretend" to be a baby.  Do you think it was really a game of pretend or a ploy to get me to push her to the bus stop??

Waiting at the bus stop.

Ellary's school had family night a Chick-fil-A tonight.  The second she stepped off the bus with that sticker, reminding everyone to attend, I knew I was in trouble.  Shila and I had already made chicken soup and honestly family night was the last thing I wanted to do.  Ellary flipped out.  "Mom, I already made plans with all my friends."  "We are meeting at 5:00!!"  Blah blah blah.  Seriously, she is 5.  Is her social life that imperative?  In the end I caved, but  only because this was her first event of the school year.  I made her eat dinner at home and we went for sundaes (they have a sundae bar for these events).  Chick-fil-A was INSANE!  There were so many people you could hardly move.  And, the play area, I don't even want to mention the madness of the play area.  There was a huge pile of shoes on the floor and kids jammed in like sardines.  It was a fire hazard if I have ever seen one.  Shila wouldn't step foot inside it and I didn't blame her.  Of course from the second we arrived Miss Social Butterfly was off and running.  

On this day in 2006...

At the airport on our way to Oregon.  Ellary's first flight.

Lucas

The Struhs Family

Ellary and Uncle Aaron

Lucas getting a closer look at Ellary.

On this day in 2008...

We were at Cousin Abby's bat mitzvah.

Ellary and Cousin Benny.

Shila all tired out after a long night of partying.

On this day in 2009...

We were at Webb Bridge park with Uncle Aaron and Grandma.

Ellary, Adam and Shila

Shila

Adam, Ellary and Shila

Ellary and Shila spinning.

Ellary, Shila and I

Ellary

Static!

Shila and Uncle Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment