Friday, September 9, 2011

September 9, 2011

Today I have a request for all of you...

This week I learned that my good friend's wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  They are a beautiful family and need all the love, support, prayers, positive energy, etc. that you can send.  I haven't been able to stop thinking about Jake, Jen and their family and friends all week.  This news especially hit home when thinking about Nanci Sargent, what an amazing person she was, and how many lives she touched.  Having known her was an honor.  Having been able to participate in the Run for Her, while living in Los Angeles, was such an uplifting experience.  I recommend walking if you live in the area, and if not it's still a worthy cause to support.  By reading Jen's blog, Am I Still a Girl?,  you will see she is the kind of person Nanci was, the kind that is loved by so many.  So please, take a moment to think about Jen.  Think about the Sargent family and all those touched by cancer.  Think about yourself and your family and friends.  Think about how blessed we all are...



This week I have had a hard time keeping up with the blog.  I gave myself permission to take a night off, instead of staying up and working on it late into the night, and it has been a downhill slide ever since.  I think that maybe getting behind is more difficult than just staying up late and getting it done.  Hopefully, now that I am caught up, I will be able to stay on top of things.

Some shots of Keaton...




Something about a picture of a crying face always cracks me up.

And the next second, perfectly fine.

Ellary


On this day in 2006...

Ellary and Grandpa Roger

On this day in 2007...

Ellary playing in her room.

On this day in 2008...

Shila getting ready to head out for a walk.

On this day in 2009...

Grandma Mary and Shila.

Shila and Lila passed out in the car.

On this day in 2010...

Shila caught sneaking into the Band-Aids.


No comments:

Post a Comment