Thursday, February 17, 2011

February 17, 2011

Shila's outfit this morning sums it all up...

Snowflake pajamas with Easter socks.  Stuck somewhere between Winter and Spring.



Today to enjoy the beautiful 70+ degree weather we went outside to blow bubbles.  






Ellary told me she needed to practice her tightrope walking.  They are talking about the circus this week in school.



Of course, Shila needed to practice too.






The coveted treat bowl you have heard so much about.  This bowl is a collection of basically all the candy that comes through our door.  It started with Halloween candy and is now a combination of Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc...  Once in awhile, when the girls aren't looking, I throw away any items that are not being consumed (or that I don't want them to consume).  




On this day in 1983, just before I turned 10 years old, one of the most cherished things in my entire life happened...  My baby brother Greg was born.  I have joked before that my Mom didn't stand a chance when it came to having another baby because I wanted it so badly.  I wished on every falling star, blew every dandelion and prayed (yes, I prayed) every night that she would have a baby.   My Mom had him at home and I was so excited to watch him come into this world.  I wanted to do everything when it came to taking care of him.  To this day, he is more than just a brother and friend, he is like one of my own.  He is a huge part of my heart.  When we were making the decision to have a third child, thinking about Greg, and what he has meant to my life, is what really made the decision for me.  I love you Greg.  Happy Birthday!!

Here are some pictures of Greg when he was little.  I have a ton of pictures of him, but these ones were easily accessible.

Greg and I.



Greg, Uncle Kerry and I, on his first birthday.



Greg's first haircut.




Seriously, he was one of the cutest little kids ever.



Greg on one of our summer camping trips.



Today also happens to be the birthday of my wonderful friend Kimberly.  I don't want to say she is one of my oldest friends, but we have been friends for a really long time.  I had to post this picture from 1994 because my hair and clothes were cracking me up.  Love you Kim!!



On this day in 2007...

Ellary and Papa.



Hanging out at Papa & Grammy's house in Palm Desert.  That face!  I can hardly stand how cute she is!!




On this day in 2008...

We had a great day at the San Diego Zoo with Conrad and Carly and danced the night away at my cousin Oliver's wedding.  I have some adorable pictures of Ellary and Carly together, but because I haven't asked for her Dad's permission to post them, I won't. 

Adam is laughing at me here because I am freaking out about Ellary looking over the side of the tram.



Ellary and Carly had such a great time dancing.  It was adorable.  


* Disclaimer about today's post.  I found some extra time to scan some old photos and write a long post.  This will not happen every day.  ;o)

1 comment: