A glimpse into life with teenagers...
Today we got a glimpse into our future. Ellary was on a roll. I only wish I had written some of this down as it was all unfolding because now I can't seem to recall everything. It started with her asking me to play Hi Ho Cherry-O while I was trying to make dinner. I told her no and she started screaming, stomped up to her room and slammed the door all the while yelling about how today was the "worst day ever!" We went back and forth between drama and glee for the remainder of the evening until bedtime. At dinner somehow Justin Bieber came up. Ellary has seen him on t.v. and commented on how cute he was, but it wasn't until school that she really learned about him -- him and plenty of other things -- the other little girls in her class all have older sisters. Anyway, Adam got wind of this and started in on the questioning. Ellary was so embarrassed and giddy it was hilarious. When she was getting in to bed Adam put a Bieber video on for her and she was in heaven. He asked her if she "liked" Justin Beiber and she said something like knock it off you "freak show!" She listened to it over and over before I made her go to bed. When I took my phone away from her this is how our conversation went:
Ellary: Justin Bieber is my favorite rock star ever! He is the best! I love his songs! How can he sing so well and he is only a kid?
Me: Well, Justin Beiber isn't really a rock star... She could care less about this information.
Ellary: Can we go see a Justin Bieber song play?
Me: You mean concert?
Ellary: Yeah, concert. Can I watch him on TV when I get home? Can I have a Justin Bieber coloring page (I loved the coloring page request. Yea, she's still only 4)?
On and on and on...
Emotional outbursts, drama, crushes... Multiply this by three!!!!! WHAT WERE WE THINKING??????
Shila was totally adorable today. She was watching a cartoon with an elephant that had gotten caught in a trap and was sad and scared. She got really upset for him and started crying. She has never really had a reaction like that to anything before. She has expressed feeling bad, or whatever the emotion at the time, but never started crying like that.
The girls found some Handy Manny tattoos in the sticker drawer today and wanted to put them on.
Tough girl with a Handy Manny tattoo.
While dinner was cooking we played a quick game of High Ho Cherry-O. I had to appease my drama queen.
What did I tell you about my messy little eater? Note the face... Still covered in marinara while eating ice cream (which also made it on to her face).



No comments:
Post a Comment