We started with a little Princess Yahtzee. Princess Yahtzee and Princess Dominoes are my personal favorites.
And ended by playing Cooties. Ellary and her Cootie creation.
This is a note Ellary wrote to the family today. She did it completely by herself, even sounding out To and From.
Happy Birthday Taryn!!
I am going to make this quick because of the massive thunderstorm we are having right now. We already lost power once while I was writing this, but I didn't want to end today without a birthday greeting. Taryn is the first friend I met after moving here, that I became friends with based on our connection, and not just the fact that we had kids in common. We met because our daughters were in ballet together. Funny thing is the first time we met I thought we were going to have a throw down and instead it was a perfect paring. (Back story: I was nursing Shila and she walked up and asked me how old my daughter was. I responded 18 months and was waiting for her remarks and instead she said oh mine is too and I still nurse him as well.) Meeting was a pivotal experience for me since moving here. I was happy living here before we met, but meeting her and my subsequent friends (because of her) has really changed my life. Thanks Taryn for befriending me. Your friendship really has meant the world to me. A friend through sarcasm and attachment parenting... who could ask for more???
We were at a friend's wedding.





No comments:
Post a Comment