Tonight's blog is being thwarted by tornado warnings. I started the blog earlier today, but at this rate I am never going to make it to my computer tonight to finish. As a result, tonight's blog will be posted on my phone and from the basement.
Shila was fast asleep and Ellary had just fallen asleep when the tornado warnings went off tonight. I had to grab Shila and wake up Ellary to head to the basement... don't forget,we sleep on the second floor. After the warning had passed, we headed back upstairs, and as soon as I get the girls back in bed the sirens went off again. Back to the basement we go. I made the decision this time to hang out until I know this storm is over. I can't do those stairs again! The girls are now both sleeping and I am not sure what I am going to do to get them upstairs when the storm finally passes. I guess I will have to wake them because there is no way I can carry them both back to bed. The last thing I need to do at this point is go into labor. LOL. Don't worry I am kidding. Things will be fine.
I will close with this note... I hope my loving husband is having the time of his life on his boy's trip in Florida. He is playing tennis right now and has no idea what my night has consisted of. ;o)
The first photo is of Ellary during our first trip to the basement. She is clearly thrilled that I am taking her picture. The second photo is of trip number two.
Have a good night and DON'T worry, we are totally fine. Writing this post actually makes me laugh.


*POST UPDATE
Here are the pictures I was going to post yesterday.
This is a picture that Ellary took of Shila.
And one Shila took of Ellary.
On this day in 2007...
An evening on the beach in Cancun. That white sand and blue water is calling to me.
On this day in 2010...
This is a picture that Ellary took of Shila having a snack.
Tornado update:
I had noticed on the radar that the end of the storm looked worse than the beginning so we just decided to spend the night in the basement. The last tornado warning was at 2:30 a.m. so I am glad that we did. We heading back upstairs around 4:30 a.m. and all in all I only got about 3/3.5 hours of sleep. Everything ended up fine, but this evening I am exhausted.
Shila was fast asleep and Ellary had just fallen asleep when the tornado warnings went off tonight. I had to grab Shila and wake up Ellary to head to the basement... don't forget,we sleep on the second floor. After the warning had passed, we headed back upstairs, and as soon as I get the girls back in bed the sirens went off again. Back to the basement we go. I made the decision this time to hang out until I know this storm is over. I can't do those stairs again! The girls are now both sleeping and I am not sure what I am going to do to get them upstairs when the storm finally passes. I guess I will have to wake them because there is no way I can carry them both back to bed. The last thing I need to do at this point is go into labor. LOL. Don't worry I am kidding. Things will be fine.
I will close with this note... I hope my loving husband is having the time of his life on his boy's trip in Florida. He is playing tennis right now and has no idea what my night has consisted of. ;o)
The first photo is of Ellary during our first trip to the basement. She is clearly thrilled that I am taking her picture. The second photo is of trip number two.
Have a good night and DON'T worry, we are totally fine. Writing this post actually makes me laugh.
*POST UPDATE
Here are the pictures I was going to post yesterday.
This is a picture that Ellary took of Shila.
And one Shila took of Ellary.
On this day in 2007...
An evening on the beach in Cancun. That white sand and blue water is calling to me.
On this day in 2009...
Ellary combing Shila's hair.
On this day in 2010...
This is a picture that Ellary took of Shila having a snack.
Tornado update:
I had noticed on the radar that the end of the storm looked worse than the beginning so we just decided to spend the night in the basement. The last tornado warning was at 2:30 a.m. so I am glad that we did. We heading back upstairs around 4:30 a.m. and all in all I only got about 3/3.5 hours of sleep. Everything ended up fine, but this evening I am exhausted.







you're the coolest. either you or the girls, i'm not sure. big love from sunny california :)
ReplyDelete